Utility permits are required: For utility installations.

              Click here for a Utility Permit Application form.

    Miscellaneous Work Permits are required: For grading in the county right of way, private tile in the county right of way, or for work which obstructs the right of way.

 Click here for a Miscellaneous Work Permit Application form.

    Any over sized load that is transported on Faribault County roads requires a Moving Permit.

              Click here for a Moving Permit  Application form.

              Click here to use Moving Permit Calculator to determine fee

   A Driveway Permit is required for any new driveway, field entrance, street, or commercial access on a
    Faribault County road.

NEW: Beginning on July 1, 2017 the following Driveway Permit fees must be submitted with each permit:



            Standard Driveway              $100.00 w/ $100.00 returned upon satisfactory final inspection

            Commercial Driveway         $200.00 w/ $200.00 returned upon satisfactory final inspection



            Click here for a Driveway Permit  Application form.

The online permit forms are "fillable" or they can be printed and completed by hand.

Please follow these steps to use the fillable feature:

1. Save blank form as a .pdf to computer.

2. Open form on computer and type information onto the form and save again.

3. The completed form can now be Emailed to the County.



    For a Burning Permit

Burning permits can be obtained from the city hall of the fire district you live in.  The permits are valid for 1 year.  You must call in each day that you are actually burning.  You can call the Sheriff's Office when you burn.  Please have the name the permit is issued to along with your Township and Section Number when you call.  The Sheriff's Office phone number is 507-526-5148.






Faribault County Highway Dept.

P.O. Box 325
727 E 5th Street
Blue Earth, MN 56013

Phone: 507-526-3291
Fax: 507-526-5159

Hours: 7:30-4:00

Login to Plans

Login to Plans